Amateur Radio Recommendations as a Hobby
1. What are the advantages of amateur radio?
– Amateur radio is very useful in emergencies. For example, during disasters, mobile phones and the internet may not be available, but amateur radio can be used for information exchange and rescue activities.
– Amateur radio can be enjoyed as a hobby. You can communicate with people all over the world and make new friends.
2. What are the disadvantages of amateur radio?
– Amateur radio requires expensive equipment. Also, you need to pass an exam to get a license.
– Amateur radio is not widely popular. Therefore, it may be difficult to find communication partners.
3. What is the history of amateur radio?
– Amateur radio was invented in the late 19th century. Initially, it was used for maritime communication and aviation communication.
– In the 1920s, amateur radio began to spread as a popular hobby.
4. How do you get an amateur radio license?
– To obtain an amateur radio license, you need to pass an exam. The exam includes legal and technical knowledge.
– For details on the procedures and costs required to obtain a license, please contact your local Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications or Japan Amateur Radio League (JARL).
5. What are the frequency bands for amateur radio?
– There are several frequency bands that can be used for amateur radio. The main frequency bands range from 1.8MHz band to 430MHz band.
– The output power and communication method vary depending on the frequency band used. For details, please contact your local Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications or Japan Amateur Radio League (JARL).